About the Crandall Park Beautification Committee
Crandall Park was the gift of local businessman and philanthropist Henry Crandall to the people of Glens Falls in 1892. The park originally boasted beautiful gardens and a pond big enough for motor boats. A man of big ideas, Mr. Crandall hoped that one day the park would even include a municipal golf course.
Inspired by Mr. Crandall’s big ideas and his generosity to the community, Harold “Bud” Taylor, a local civic, government, and business leader, established the Crandall Park Beautification Committee in 1999, inviting local citizens to volunteer their time and expertise. Relying on input and funding from the community and working in concert with the City of Glens Falls, the Committee has undertaken numerous improvement projects, including the construction of a concert shell, field house, and handicapped-accessible fishing pier.
Now under the leadership of local attorney and civic leader Elizabeth Little Hogan, the Committee has undertaken another exciting round of improvements to our beloved park, including new tennis, basketball, and pickle ball courts. An 18-hole disc golf course opened in the fall of 2020 and a new splash pad is expected to open in the spring of 2021!
President: Elizabeth Little Hogan
Vice President: Erika Schielke
Treasurer: Tom Jarrett
Secretary: Patrina Leland
Committee Members: Patty Rogge; Amy Collins; Colleen McGuirk; Jim O’Hara; Paul Cummings; Maria Nissi; Norabelle Greenberger; Gloria Ragonetti; Erin Constantino; Briana Lyons; Tom Lyons; Sally Behan.
Emeritus Member: Harold “Bud” Taylor
For more information on the Crandall Park Beautification Committee, contact us at email@example.com